HOLIDAY GIFTS FROM THE HEART
The holidays have become so COMMERCIAL, don’t you think? So let’s apply a little original thinking and see if we can figure out some creative ways to express our love, devotion, and appreciation to the special people in our lives…shall we? Do you remember a time when holiday gifts MEANT something special? It may have been a time when we had less financially or before the entire world was available to us online…when we had to THINK about gifts and be creative. When we had to use what we had at hand to convey our love, affection, and appreciation. So let’s dig deeply here and think of some gifts that may take a little more time than a gift card off the internet, but that will truly demonstrate that we have thought and considered and REALLY made an effort this year. Shall we? Below is a list of 10 gift ideas that should get you that huge smile and bear hug that lets you know that you have scored off the Richter Scale with your gift this year!!!
- A PERSONAL gift made by you, painted by you, written by you. A poem, a song, a story…something PERSONAL that lets that person know how much they mean to you.
- Plant a tree in their honor (http://www.alivingtribute.org/)
- Name a star or Constellation after them (http://www.starregistry.com/catalog/)
- Make a donation to their favorite charity/cause in their name.
- Cater a dinner at home for them: prep, cooking, clean-up.
- Hire a food truck for a surprise party for a special occasion.
- Surprise them with a night out to their favorite restaurant, location, or destination.
- Make a dream come true for them…no matter how small!
- Make a spa date for them; keep the kids for a weekend so they can get away.
- Get them tickets to their favorite concert coming to town, a play, gallery opening.